Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Cr-aaaaazy week!

What a crazy week it's been! My little darlings completed their state standardized testing in math on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank goodness! They all worked so hard, and really put their best effort forward. That's all anyone can ever ask for. I rocked my favorite zebra print shoes for good luck...


I think it worked! :)  Linked up to "Share Whatcha Wear" with Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!


I found out on Tuesday that my class was chosen to participate in a program called STARBASE. It's a national Department of Defense program where fifth grade students travel to a local military base and participate in hands on STEM activities with chemists, physicists, mathematicians, and engineers. We will go to an Air Force base nearby for 5 whole school days- 7:30am until 3pm. I've never been, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but our agenda includes things like robot engineering, testing Newton's laws, and building & racing our own mechanical cars. Best of all? It is free. That's right- F-R-E-E. Whhhhhhaaaat!? Practically unheard of. Check out their website for more information.


Don't forget to check out my giveaway! It ends tomorrow, and there are LOTS of great prizes... including a TpT gift card! 


     

Gotta share the love about a few other great giveaways, too. 


Happy belated Teacher Appreciation day, fellow teachers. I am in awe of the dedication, work, and love that go into all of your every day teaching.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your class being chosen for Starbase. Sounds like a great adventure for you and your students!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are so excited. I can't wait to go for our first trip in a couple weeks!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I'm super jealous right now. Hope you guys have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We can't wait to go. We are all so excited!

      Delete
  3. Hey Mandy~As a fellow fifth grade teacher let me say WOW!!! STARBASE sounds awesome and I know your kiddos are going to love it. My kiddos would be jealous but I just won't tell them. heehee Can't wait to read your posts after your visits. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks. :) We really can't wait to go! What a fabulous way to end the year, right?

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit!! I have the privilege of living close to a STARBASE. My fifth and sixth grade goes every year. The kids love it and I do too.I would love to be a STARBASE teacher one day. :)
    Meredith
    www.sanders6thgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really can't wait. Our first visit is at the end of May. I think I may be even more excited than my students are! :)

      Mandy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget