Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Dear student

I found this online, and can't take credit for it, but it absolutely deserves a repost. Love it!

 

Dear Student,

Resistance is futile. I am your personal, designated brick wall. 

If you write "111" as the answer for half the math assignment, I will tell you that I only send students to recess who have done their best on the assignment...and I WILL check. If you miss every single question on the science quiz because you're unhappy that you moved your number because of that inappropriate gesture in line, then I will calmly reply, "You know, I give science tests over and over and over and over again to students until they miss no more than 5." I wasn't really surprised that a student who could get every question wrong when they wanted could also ace the test when they tried. You were only 1 of 3 to receive 100%, by the way.

But most of all, my dear student, I wish I could whisper this truth into your soul: You really should let me win, because when I win, so do you.

So, tomorrow is Monday, dear student, and I'm prepared to communicate to you once again that resistance is futile. You may not know it, but I'm fighting for you.

Love,

Your Teacher

1 comment:

  1. It is so sincere! I think that if I had such teacher who could be so open and honest, my results were much better. When we got some task, I never tried to create some masterpiece, just something for a grade, while others applied for help with writing college essays for better results. As a rule teachers say that you should do it for yourself and nobody tells: “we both need it, let`s do it” . I think that to write such letter teacher should be really self-confident as it is difficult to accept that it can be also your responsibility and fault.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget