Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

JUNE!

Welcome to June... the Friday of the school year!! :)

The end of the year is always the same, in my experience. The students are antsy, the teachers are tired, and everyone is excited to see what they will be doing next year. I feel like I end up wasting all my prep time because I'm so easily distracted!


Here's hoping I can buckle down and work hard during prep for the last 13 school days so I can use my time at home to clean my house and get ready for summer. 

Speaking of summer, I've been planning vacations and beach trips lately so I've been thinking about my schedule. This year, I'm doing the summer program 3 days a week for 5 weeks. It's not a lot of time spent working (8:30 - 3) and it's enough to keep my school motivation going. The extra money is nice, too! What are your plans for summer? Are you working or rejuvenating? 

So, I've found out what I will be teaching next year. It's not definite, but it's exciting to know! I will be teaching 5th grade again (yay!) but my core subjects will change. I will still have a homeroom, and will teach two double blocks of math and one double block of ELA. No more science, which is a bit sad. I did love the experiments! I am really excited to pick up a block of ELA, though. I will be spending my summer searching pinterest and teacher blogs for anchor chart ideas. :)

Just a quick update... looking forward to Farley's Currently later today!

3 comments:

  1. This has been the year of the anchor chart for me thanks to Pinterest! My fourth graders get excited when I come in with another rolled up poster. They call my chart making my "super power." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog by hopping around and joined! Love, love, love it! I teach 3rd grade in MN. I also love caffeine and technology, so addicted to both. Our school is lucky enough to be going 1:1 next year and I can't wait! I also am so addicted to reading blogs. I have seriously wasted my whole day today. Oh well, that's what summer vacation is about! :)

    Happy Summer!
    Lindsey

    littleprowlers.blogspot.com

    P.S. Thanks for the 3rd Grade Blogger pic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget