1. Report cards! Every teacher's favorite time of year. :) My district uses an online system with about 100 pre-made comments. We have to choose two for each subject, in addition to a letter grade, and 1 - 4 rating in conduct, work habits, and participation. This year, I created a new system to organize it all. I've printed gradebook sheets for each class and started writing all my grades there. Once I've finished on paper, I am able to type it all in more easily. No more tabbing back and forth between averages and term grades! So far, I'm a big fan.
2. My room is a MESS. So worthy of the capital letter MESS that I typed. Ugh! It's that time of year when my busy little bees and I just get into the curriculum and
sometimes often forget to take the time to organize our materials. Math game pieces have abandoned their baggies and are loose in drawers, anchor charts are covering so many walls it's hard to see, and our library is a bit dusty. We have to get that under control before the parents come in after Thanksgiving!
1. I use Young Teacher Love's standards based assessments and LOVE them. We have taken all of our assessments, but have to graph our data before conferences. I love showing parents how far their students have come... and also love the data to back up my statements about how far they have to go.
Hope to do:
1. I love decorating for Christmas. It's so festive! I can't wait to put up lights and a tree. This year is even more exciting because it is my little guy's first Christmas! I just can't wait to do it all.
2. I haven't been running at all this week. EEK! I need to get out there. My muscles are aching to be used... and I bet I'll thank myself for the exercise when I indulge on Thanksgiving. :)
Happy to do:
1. I am overjoyed to celebrate Thanksgiving with my son for the first time! I can't wait to bring him to my family dinner and take pictures of him with his great grandparents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles.
Don't forget to enter the Moby Max giveaway! Only a couple days left to win a year of Moby Max Professional.
We are off to our city's Santa parade- enjoy your Sunday!