Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Shocking Statistic

Today, I attended a math conference put on by Pearson Education, who presumably invited people from my district since we have recently adopted their elementary math program enVisionMATH. I was surprised and pleased at the amount of real life information and strategies provided. The one thing that stuck with me was the importance of fraction education. Did you know that on the 2004 NAEP fewer than 30% of 17-year-olds correctly translated 0.029 as 29/1000?  Completely shocked and blown away. Clearly our fraction decimal relationship instruction is lacking, as teachers. My personal new goal is to find new ways to address this! More to come...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget