Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

A lazy summertime Five for Friday



Linking up with DoodleBugs for Five for Friday!



Ok, I admit it. Until I logged into Bloglovin' this afternoon, I had no idea it was Friday. I guess that's what happens during the lazy, hazy days of summer? I felt like The Dowager Countess of Grantham from Downton Abbey. 


Every day is a weekend until September, and I love it! :) 



I'm seriously excited today because I bought a new laptop. 

I've always had PCs, but strangely also had iPhones/iPads since they were released. When my current computer was on the way out, I finally decided to make the leap to mac. I am loving my new Macbook Air! I haven't moved my files over yet, so fingers crossed that goes smoothly. 

PSA- Right now, Apple is giving a $100 gift card with the purchase of a Macbook in addition to it's educator pricing! Sweet deal, probably the best one you will see for a while. If you are debating buying a computer, now is the time!

So, fellow Mac users- what are the MUST HAVE apps and programs???



I am loving the all the time I get to spend with my little dude. 

I know everyone says that you fall in love as soon as you have a baby, but I never really understood what that meant until my little guy came into the world. Seriously, I would move mountains for him. <3 nbsp="" p="">


One of the reasons I love summer so much is that it gives me a chance to reflect on my teaching. I can read books, think about lessons, and create new materials. I'm kicking off my school prep by re-reading Teach Like A Pirate by Dave Burgess.


If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it! It's seriously good. After I read it, I always feel so energized and revitalized. I think the major message in this book is that it is okay to have fun. In fact, it's preferable! Kids that have fun while learning are more likely to remember what they learn. I really recommend this book to all teachers, especially after you have had time to rest and recharge.



Hubby, baby, and I are headed out on vacation next week! This'll be our view for the week...

 (credit Acadia Magic)

Can't wait to relax and enjoy family time! :)


Happy Friday, friends!


8 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS YOU ARE GOING TO ACADIA!!! It's one of my all time favorite places I've ever been. I used to vacation in Bar Harbor for 4 to 6 weeks in the summer before we started going to California instead. My family has property on the water in Prospect Harbor. Second, baby is PRECIOUS! Third, I LOVE my Macbook Air. Hold it tight like your baby. Yesterday in the airport my backpack slipped off the hook in the bathroom and hit the ground. I have a big dent on the corner, but it seems to be working okay. Last, I'm about to watch Downton Abbey right now!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bar Harbor is one of our favorite places, too! We go there every summer around our anniversary. We are in Boston, so we can drive (although 4 1/2 hrs isn't that much fun! LOL). My husband's family has a place in Winter Harbor, but we rent an apartment when we go so we can have some freedom. I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Are you on the east coast? I love Maine :) I also absolutely love my mac book! I did purchase the Microsoft office program for my mac book because I am so much more comfortable with word and power point :)

    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an east coast girl through and through! Are you, too? Nothing like Boston summers. :) I am lovin gmy macbook so far, too!! WOO!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love my Macbook Air! I'm so glad I switched. I love how easily it communicates with my phone and iPad. I haven't explored too many apps yet, but I use Yellow, Evernote, and iMessage the most.

    Have fun on vacation!!!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH thanks for the app recomendation! I use Evernote all the time (isn't it freakin awesome?!) but hadn't heard of Yellow before. I just installed it- it's freaking great! :)

      Delete
  4. What a great vacation place! Thank you for the book recommendation, I will be checking it out. I WISH I could lose track of the days, teaching summer school keeps me on track, but that is one of the reasons I take the job every year. I don't have a cute little baby to hang out with every day though! Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer school will do that! Sometimes I miss working in the summer... but this year I am loving all the time with my little one. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget