Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Sunday Scoop and a Guided Reading freebie!

Linking up with the Teaching Trio for the Sunday Scoop!


Must do:
1- I am seriously SO BAD at keeping my online gradebook updated! I keep an old-fashioned paper gradebook. I think that's why I always forget to update online? I'm not sure. Whatever the reason is, I have to get on that. Eek!

2.  I keep a regular planbook with the things I am doing each day, and then a separate binder just for my guided reading plans. The plans are just too large to put in my planbook! I have 6 groups in 6 different chapter books, with strategies, vocab, and comprehension questions for each. It gets crazy! I also like to keep a separate "guided reading notes" sheet to jot down things while I am working in the small groups. It keeps me on track, and helps me to remember exactly where I left off when we meet again. It's not easy keeping track with so many groups and books! I created a simple, clean guided reading notes sheet. 


There are a MILLION guided reading notes templates out there, but I like this one because it gives me a place to record the info I need to know, and nothing extra. Definitely a favorite! If you want a copy of this freebie click here.

3. My desk at school is a MESS. Not just a little mess, but like "Oh THERE is that paper I lost two weeks ago" type of mess. I need to get on that! I am so nervous that I'll be out sick and a sub will come in and see it. Eek!

Hope to do:
1. I've been really good about being planned 1 - 2 weeks in advance this year. It makes Sunday nights so nice! I am relaxed and ready for the week. I am generally done with al my copying a week in advance, too. It is so nice! I would like to get an extra week of copying done this week, to bring me up to Thanksgiving. We have conferences the week after Thanksgiving, so any organization before will help!

2. Tying in with the previous, I have to think about my grades! Grades close Thanksgiving week, and report cards come out as soon as we come back. Organization NOW will definitely pay off in a couple weeks. 

Happy to do:

Spend Veteran's day with my little one at my favorite Veteran's house- my Grandfather's! I can't wait for a relaxing midweek day off. 



Don't forget to enter the Classroom Friendly Supplies giveaway I am hosting! Tomorrow is the last day. Runner up prize is a $10 gift card to the store of your choice! :)



4 comments:

  1. I am with you on the grade book thing! I keep an old-school paper copy "just in case", and am then scrambling to get my grades entered online! Good luck!! So glad to stumble across your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first weekend of the year that I haven't ended up at the school some point or another. I was able to get all of my copying done ahead of time and it was fabulous! Maybe now that I am ahead I can keep it that way. Thanks for linking up with us and I hope you have a great week!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to get my stuff ready a week in advance...but that's not always possible.
    Have a great week!

    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,

    Being organized pays off big time! I totally hear you on having everything planned out in advance so that Sunday you can just be lazy and relax. I too will need to get all my after Thanksgiving break copies done in advance so I am prepared when I come back in December....YIKES...school year is passing by so fast.

    PS--Super cute blog btw! I'm your newest follower!

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget