Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Snow days turn into snow weeks... Currently February

You guys, I'm going a bit crazy. I've had four snow days off in a row! We had a pretty crazy blizzard with over 30 inches of snow. In our congested city, that means huge snow piles everywhere, very limited parking, and entire lanes cut out of the street. Terrible! Now it's the weekend, and I am so ready to go back to school on Monday. Just one minor detail- there is another storm heading our way for tomorrow night, and it is going to drop another 10 - 12 inches on us. Nooooooo.....

With that, it's time to link up with Farley for Currently February!


Listening to my son's favorite cartoon, Peg + Cat. It happens to be my favorite, too! It's a great PBS cartoon about a girl and her cat and their mathematical adventures. They are seriously adorable and do a really great job teaching little ones about counting, shapes, and categories. 



Loving my new reading log conference from Blair Turner's paper shop. It's seriously useful! I won a couple of packs of sheets during a giveaway a few weeks ago. It looks like her shop is down for maintenance now, but when it opens back up you should definitely check it out. 


I'm thinking a lot about the upcoming week and my plans- or lack thereof. I am seriously ready to get back to school, but I am also making plans for our inevitable snow day tomorrow. I have a pre-planned personal day on Tuesday as well because my daycare provider will not be able to watch my son. Like it or not, it seems as though I am out of school until Wednesday. I'll be making an early morning trip in on Tuesday, though, to get things organized and printed- which is fun for no one! 

I am all about going back to school.... and so done with being trapped in the house... hence my wanting to go back! :)

I need to organize my office at home. It's kind of a mess! I chose to spend my time organizing my closets and storage on my days off, to the detriment of my office. I will be spending some time in there tonight getting stuff organized.  Sigh.

So, my pageant title would be... Queen Crazy Cat Lady! I seriously love cats, to a deep extent. Like, wear at least one shirt or accessory with cats on it each week. I'm not even ashamed of my cat lady status, either! :) My cat is my first son, and he is definitely part of our family.

Is anyone else out there NOT a football fan? I am so watching the puppy bowl today, but that's about it. It's hard for many people around here in Patriot Nation to understand. I don't want them to lose or anything, but I am just so disinterested in football. When I was younger, I used to go to superbowl parties just to eat snacks and talk to my friends. Now, I don't even bother with that! This buzzfeed article really summed me up well.

Off to try to get this house a little organized and cleaned up.... I hope you all are buried under less snow than we are!


20 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing some of Blair Turner's new things! Glad to hear they are working for you. I am SO tempted to buy some. Where did you win them? Was she doing a giveaway?
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! There was a giveaway on her site, but it looks like it's down now for maintenance. Hopefully it's back up soon!

      Delete
  2. It is so good to hear that I'm not the only one who isn't doing cartwheels about the Super Bowl. I didn't even realize it was this weekend! I am honestly jealous of your snow days as I need a few days of working on the computer to catch up on paperwork/documentation. I am writing sub plans for 3 days this week as I'm GT testing...ick. So fun to find you through Farley. :) Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, making sub plans for days you are actually working is probably the worst thing EVER! Hope you made it through it all!

      Delete
  3. I desperately wishing for snow days but I don't think we'll get any here in my part of the UK this year. Hope you manage to get back to school soon! Enjoy you time at home in the meantime!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where in the UK are you? I absolutely adore England! My husband and I travel to London just about every year. My ancestors are originally from Salisbury, but came to America in the early 1600s. Every time we travel to England, we try to see a new bit of the countryside. I think we are going to venture into Scotland the next time we go, as well!

      I am finally going back tomorrow, after 6 consecutive days. WOO! :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, so I LOVE your blog design. Seriously, this might be my new favorite blog design ever. Your little coffee cup and calendar is so cute. Anyway, I love your pageant name. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am done with snow days too! But, I have a sneaky feeling tomorrow will be another day to make up in June! You're not alone in Patriot Nation... We love the Puppy Bowl too!
    ~Stacie
    Smocus Smocus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had two more. :( 6 in a row!! Hope you enjoyed the puppy bowl!

      Delete
  6. Do you have to make those days up? We got 8+ inches today, but no kids tomorrow due to a PD day. We have had 2 cold days though. And as much as I enjoy a day off, I hate getting out of the routine with the kids, and HATE making them up!

    Mrs. Reed's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly we do make them up. :( They tack them on at the end of the school year when it's super hot out. Of course, I am on the top floor of a building that only has air conditioning on the first two floors! :( Hope you don't get too many more snow/cold days either!

      Delete
  7. I'm in Patriots country too, and could care less (and am actually considered a jinx by some if I watch-so it's always best that I don't! :P ). I've been watching Property Brothers instead! We didn't get quite as much snow-we had about a foot-foot and a half and only two snow days-four seems unreal! Hopefully the snow will let up on New England and we can get back to work!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH I love Property Brothers! Definitely a favorite of mine. :) Over the last 7 days we have gotten over four FEET of snow! AHHHH it's unbelievable... and we just had our 6th snow day in a row. Finally going back tomorrow. WOO!

      Delete
  8. I hear you with the snow days. One is fine, but when it turns into days...UGH! I've already heard that school is cancelled tomorrow - so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just finished 6 in a row... sigh... I like having a couple, but this is crazy!

      Delete
  9. Hi, I saw you on Farley's Currently and love your blog title :) We all need a little caffeine to get those lesson plans done :) So sorry to hear about all the snow messing up your school plans! We don't get snow here in San Diego, but I'm sure I'd get sick of all the snow days too :/ Stay Warm!
    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Diego is so beautiful! One of my best friends lived there for 5 years. You definitely don't get snow days, though. :) Hope you are enjoying the warm weather- it's -2 here, and there is over 4 feet of snow on the ground!

      Delete
  10. I have seen many districts moving toward online learning days with set times for students to access course material through an LMS. There are many different models as to how this looks, but it seems like a viable option, especially given the severity of these storms and the amount of time students are out of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly our state requires 180 days of in school learning, so we have to make them up no matter what. It would be nice to have the kids stay on track with learning, but I think that would be a tough sell to parents.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget