Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Monday again??

Mondays are never a joy, but this one seems especially tough. The kids were off, I kept tripping over my own feet, and even my cat was grumpy. With no other good reason, I blame the lost hour of sleep from daylight savings time. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day- especially a long, dark winter. There is something to be said about the effects of losing the hour of sleep, though! A friend posted this video on facebook today, and I just had to share. It's worth the 6 minutes!



I was thrilled to wake up Sunday morning and see that Donna over at Math Coach's Corner featured my post about Class Dojo on Bagels and Blogs! I love Donna's blog, so it was really excited to be featured. Today, she blogged about Teach Like a Pirate. Have you heard of it? It's a great book by Dave Burgess, a high school history teacher with 16 years of experience. I heard about it a few weeks ago from the Monday night twitter chat (hashtag #TLAP), and bought it right away. I love it! There are some real world applications included, not just theories or ideas. On Amazon, he says:

I have been traveling across the country delivering my passionate and inspirational message about how to improve education for both students and teachers. This book is based on the completeTeach Like a PIRATE system that I have developed to help teachers become wildly engaging in the classroom and more fulfilled in their profession. It not only includes the entire Teach like a PIRATE system that has left audiences of educators unbelievably fired up, motivated, and ready to tackle the world, but also includes a comprehensive section on exactly how to craft and design lessons that are irresistible to students. 
The book includes over 30 hooks and 170 brainstorming questions that have been specially designed to skyrocket your creativity. The final section of the book is an uplifting guide created to help you overcome all of the obstacles and resistance that you will face on your voyage.
I can't tell you how many teachers have come up after my presentations and said, "You should write a book." Well, here it is! 

You've got to check it out! While you're at it, pop by twitter to check out tonight's chat about Teach Like a Pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget