Facebook Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Instagram Email Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Spring days

Just a few weeks ago, I thought it would be winter forever. It was so cold, we had late season snow, and there was nothing good in the forecast. Today, the sun is shining and we are in the middle of a relative warm up- it's 50 today! To top it off, I noticed my lilies starting to come up in my garden. Wahoo!



A day late, but it's time for Doodle Bug's Five for Friday!


1. Does anyone else use Google Reader to follow all their blogs? I was shocked to see that Google will be "retiring" it on July 1st. I use it almost daily! Without it, I literally don't know how I would be able to keep track of all the blogs I love. It's so easy too- once you followed a blog using google friend connect, it automatically added that blog to your reader. Earlier today, I tried out feedly. They have been promoted as the reader that provides a seamless transition, so I thought they'd be worth a try. True to their word, they pulled all my subscriptions over easily. It will take some getting used to, but it will do. If you know of another rss reader service, I'd love to hear about it!




2. Our state high stakes ELA testing is over for the year. Thank goodness! My fifth grade warriors were prepared, calm, and ready when they took the test. They worked hard, took their time, and used the strategies they had worked on all year. Now, we're on to crunch time for math and science. Can't wait until after early May when all our high stakes tests are done!



3. Just two weeks until hubby and I go to London for April vacation. I can't wait! I am spending my weekend finalizing plans and setting up transportation. I refilled our Oyster Cards so we can ride the tube, booked a car service to and from the airport, and bought train tickets to Dover so visit the white cliffs. We prefer to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel so we can experience life living in wherever we travel. I highly recommend a sublet or short term rental to any traveler!

   

4. I've spent the past few days fighting off a lymph node infection that spread into my tissue. Talk about painful! I could barely walk without wincing at the height of it. I've been on some hardcore antibiotics, taken every 6 hours, and I'm starting to feel a little better. I have never slept so much in my life! Last night, I was in bed for over 12 hours. Guess I needed it!



5. This week, my darlings reviewed time zones in science. Boy, were they confused! They looked so bewildered as I was trying to explain that due to time zones it is "already tomorrow" in Australia. We watched a quick video on time zones and I showed them scenarios where they could fly somewhere and have the time zone changes affect them. They were very, very interested!


So, I totally missed the boat on the timeline for this one, here is the lie from last week's 2 truths and a lie:

  1. My father played guitar in a band with Rob Zombie when they were teenagers. This is true! They went to high school together, and his real name is Rob Cummings. His childhood house is just down the street. 
  2. My sorority nickname was Tarzan because I loved doing gymnastics all over campus in college. Also true! I was quite energetic. :)
  3. I have never been pulled over or gotten a traffic ticket. So very false. I'm really not a *great* driver- but to be fair, I hardly ever drive. The school I teach at is less than a mile away, and my husband always drives if we go out together. I have a bad habit of forgetting to have my car inspected, too! 



Have a happy Easter!

12 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! Get lots of rest!

    Your London trip sounds fantastic. Enjoy!
    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling a lot better today. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous that you have some of your state testing complete. We start in two weeks. Your trip to London sounds fabulous. I hope it is all you want it to be! I am happy to be your newest follower:)
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a hard time of year. I can't wait until the math and science are over in May! Ugh. Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  3. I am also very jealous that you have finished your state testing. We start on the 16th. I'm SO nervous about it!

    Your trip sounds really great! I went to London a few years ago and really enjoyed Hampton Court Palace. I'd love to go back now that I know a little more about the Tudors!

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the British Monarchy. I can't help it, the royal family is just so intriguing! It must have been all those Disney movies growing up. You're right- the Tudors are fascinating. Did you watch the Showtime series?

      Delete
  4. I wish I was going to London for spring break, I have never been.
    I have moved over to bloglovin, but I am having trouble pinning things to pinterest from there, so i may be trying other things.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I will have to check out bloglovin. I'm kind of holding a grudge against google right now! I loved google reader.

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for a Leibster Award! Hop on over to my site to see the rules and claim it. Congratulations! ~Penny Lund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Penny! I can't wait to go check it out. :)

      Delete
  6. I forgot to leave my website URL for the Leibster Award!
    www.isntitelementary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget